The application deadline for the 2018 programs is March 1, 2018 (late applications accepted on case-by-case basis, if there is still room in the program).
The program fees are due: March 23
If you intend to apply for an IE Study Abroad Scholarship, you must have applied to, been accepted to a program, and made a $250 ($150 for Puerto Peñasco) confirmation deposit prior to the scholarship application deadline of February 16, 2018 at 11:59 pm.
Space is limited, so apply early! Late applications may be accepted at the discretion of the Program Director on a case-by-case basis.
- Make sure that you understand any specific program requirements and payment deadlines.
- During the application process, you will be asked to provide two Letters of Recommendation. These can come from current/past professors, advisors, or supervisors at work. To send a request for a Letter of Recommendation, all you need to do is login to your application, go under the Recommendations tab, and click Request Electronic Recommendation.
- Applications are reviewed and approved on a rolling basis. Students will be contacted by the Program Director within approximately 2 weeks after submission via phone or email to discuss participation in the program.
- Review the Funding Study Abroad web page for funding and scholarship opportunities.
- If you plan to apply for financial aid, call or visit the Financial Aid Office to find out about your options. If using financial aid, notify the Study Abroad Coordinator.
- Make your $250 ($150 for Puerto Peñasco) confirmation deposit to secure your spot. You must pay your program fee in FULL by applicable payment deadline.
- If you are a current MCC student, program fee payments can be made to Cashier Services by phone, in-person, or by mail. Be aware that AFTER the applicable program fee payment deadline, the $250 ($150 for Puerto Peñasco) deposit is non-refundable.
- If you are NOT a current MCC student, apply/reapply for admission first.
- Register for your classes in early March and pay tuition either online or at Cashier Services by the applicable due date in SIS. Students will be purged from classes if tuition is not paid 35 days before start of class.
- Apply for your passport or renew your old one (if needed). Most countries require that your passport be valid at least 6 months beyond the date of your trip.
Mark your calendar for the mandatory orientation!
Start packing and get ready for your life transforming experience!